IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MEZUZA CHECKING
- If the Mezuzas are re-affixed on the same day no new beracha is needed. When removing mezuzas for checking we advise marking each mezuza or placing each mezuza in a plastic bag with a label.
- There is no need to check spare mezuzas. It is best to check the mezuza shortly before installation. Spare Mezuza can be given as possible replacements if any of the current mezuzas become pasul. Please mark them clearly as spares.
- Despite our reasonable effort and precaution, due to age, human error or other factors, there may be occasional scratching or other damage to Batim, doorways scrolls, ink, klaf etc. or they may be damaged during the checking process. We attempt exercise what we feel are reasonable precaution. We do not accept liability for any such incident.
- There are often problems with batim that are not noticeable until they are opened or reclosed. Our policy is to notify you before do any additional work.for tefilin
- We may not actively check for misshapen letter or other problems with ksav that existed in the original purchase but rather we verify that it did not significantly degrade since the purchase. We will notify if we notice an obvious pesul. Checking is by Sofrim under the auspices of Rabbi Weinberger
- We reserve the right to charge a up to a $5 fee for low grade mezuzahs, or $30 for tefilin, especially very small, 7 cm mezuzahs.
- Accounting or other errors may occur. Please be forgive any error. We will notify you if we find an error that we deem appropriate. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments about your invoice. Occasionally we are asked to give the change or refund to Tzedaka. We do not accept any responsibility for the funds as this often causes bookkeeping difficulties.